Your Financial Flight Plan
No pilot would ever consider a take-off without filing a detailed flight plan first.Why not? Because when you’re at 30,000 feet there are no streets, stop lights or direction signs to follow. Weather conditions can change quickly. Visibility is often limited.
To reach their destination safely (and on schedule), pilots make their best guesses about what they’ll encounter during their flight while they’re still on the ground. When they’re in the air and come across things like turbulence or bad weather, they use what they’ve prepared to make course corrections and better estimates about the remainder of the flight, so they can avoid being blown off course.
How often do flights go according to plan?
According to pilots, the answer is “almost never”. Despite this, they continue to diligently plan their flights. They do this for two critical reasons: to minimize the chances of running out of fuel before reaching their destination and the risks of midair collisions.
In many ways, our lives are like flights. We all have destinations we want to “arrive" at sooner or later. None of us has unlimited ‘fuel’ and given life’s unpredictability, the risk of a ‘collision’ between our dreams and the realities we can’t control, like interest rates, market downturns and even our own health, is constant.
Despite these similarities, less than 30% of people have filed a detailed plan for their journey through life. The remaining 70% are just winging it.
That’s why we created Better Money Choices™
By giving you the tools you need to make your best guesses at what your future journey holds for you, you’ll be able to make Better Money Choices™, choices that will help ensure you get to your destination safely – and on-time.
When unforeseen events happen, as they will, and you run into turbulence or bad weather you will know how to make the necessary corrections to your plans so you don’t get blown off course and can continue your journey (even if you discover the runways are backed up and your luggage has been re-routed.)
Filing an accurate, optimized flight plan requires millions of complex calculations. Let Better Money Choices™ be your financial co-pilot, anddo the work so you don’t have to.